my family and i had fought through a different type of flu. how do i know? well, my sister and my dad BOTH got their flu shot and they still got it. my dad went to the hospital because he had an inflamed abdomen and a temp of 103 and we were told it was a different strain of flu (which sometimes i find it hard to believe) that causes inflammation of your “innards” in the abdominal region. BUT we had fought through it and i thank God and the people who prayed for us. i thank my brother and mom for being strong for us when we couldn’t do anything for ourselves. BUT here’s a tip even though you’ve already heard it, but this is coming from an asian nerd, so yea!
- if you visit ANY hospital and you have to wear a mask, WEAR IT. BUT, DO NOT KEEP IT ON IF YOU COUGH AND YOU FEEL PHLEGM COME OUT, SNEEZE, OR PUT IT ON AND OFF. you’re only harvesting germs and if you don’t have a strong immune system like my mom (which is pretty strong because she slept in the hospital room with my dad who HAD THE FLU for a whole day), you’re bound to get sick.
- when you get sick, DRINK WATER, EMERGEN-C, AND ORANGE JUICE. none of that apple juice or grape drink, YEA I KNOW, RIGHT? sucks don’t it…that’s what i said.
- drink THERA-FLU and not the wal-flu or knock off brands. save that for your allergies, YOU GOT THE FLU YOU NEED TO TREAT YOUR BODY RIGHT! the best one to get chest/mucus congestion, WHY?
- BECAUSE, YOU GOT SPIT THAT MUCUS OUT! gross, my sister thinks so too. but it’s actually good for you body. when you feel that phlegm coming out, spit it out BUT DO NOT FORCE IT OUT. it’s really bad for your throat. haha.
- take the NECESSARY MEDS. as in, not meds so you can go through the day, but meds that will help you RID the symptoms because you can’t rid this virus (or as in John Cena term, “YOU CAN’T SEE ME!”). these are where you can buy knock offs because thera-flu is so much better.
- get plenty of sleep. for all you nocturnal animals and morning birds, YOU STILL HAVE TO SLEEP. it’s better for you to sleep than move around. when you’re sick you’re body is doing so much work than you know. so give it a break and lay down and sleep.
- while you’re sleeping, work up a sweat! rids your body of water weight but also helps get rid of the sahara of a desert that you call a fever. if i can get from 102 to 100 in one sweaty, nightmarish dream, sickly sleep, you can too. just wrap yourself in layers in a burrito like form and sleep. once you start sweating, shed ONE layer at a time…but only if necessary. you don’t want pneumonia (as my sister said).
- eat soup or anything warm that can go through your body…something to make you sweat a little inside. if you have to, add something spicy.
- also, eat something whole. yea, you’re sick but don’t be a baby and eat soup all day. that’s why they always say, CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP. it has the best of both worlds, something whole and something hot.
- when you eat something whole, make sure your bowel movements are in order. you still want your body to function right. it’s key. gross, but solid or liquid is still good.
- the feeling of taking a whizz every five minutes is not a gifted curse, it’s a good thing. your body is ridding itself of both that stupid fever and the bad stuff. so when you’re getting comfortable in bed and you have to pee, go pee. don’t hold it in just go, i mean you slept for like 8+ hours already…right? RIGHT?
- nerd part. if you’re bored and you gotta rest, watch tv. and if you got an ipod touch or smart phone, play games. play draw something, (anything) with friends, annoy loved ones, leave weird comments on friends’ walls, go on xanga or myspace. anything to keep you company and busy. don’t exercise. please? i watched phineas and ferb all weekend long. it was honestly the best show on earth for me hahaha. disney channel is GREAT!
- last but not least, pray. don’t just pray that you’ll get rid of the virus, but pray. trust me, it’s powerful. like my sister said, “a family that prays together, stays together…and also gets sick together.” HAHA.
but anyways, this is for the flu or anything…some of this might help when you have a cold or just get plain sick. so HELP YOURSELF.
@1 year ago with 3 notes
#sick #life #weekend #personal #flu #prayer
"If we do not abide in prayer, we will abide in temptation."
@1 year ago with 35 notes
#John Owen #quotes #prayer #temptation
even the strong need help, we can’t do this alone. it will humble you.
@2 years ago with 2 notes
#God #friends #prayer #help